Featured Editorial: What ethical challenges do researchers face with videos and children?
Why publish in Video Journal of Education and Pedagogy?
Hear from Editor-in-Chief, Michael A. Peters, and President of the Association of Visual Pedagogy, Tina Besley, in this exciting Editorial interview!
Aims and scope
This is the first video journal in the field of education with the purpose of capturing the latest developments in educational practice. The journal aims to develop integrated visual approaches to educational research and practitioner knowledge in order to encourage innovation and to establish new research frontiers in education.
In particular, the journal focuses on 3 main areas:
Educational research at large, in all forms of education and pedagogy, containing a strong video/visual component. The video component must be outstanding either in the methodology, in the way data were collected, or results are shown. This includes in particular:
- Teacher education
- Classroom teacher and child observation
- Workplace learning
- Technology and social learning across multi-disciplinary domains of practice
Visual approaches to educational research:
- Research on new visualization methodologies
- Research and case-based studies to facilitate video data collection, dissemination, critical engagement and analysis
- Integrated approaches to educational research
Research in visual and digital humanities, including philosophical reflection on the use of digital and visual resources in the humanities, particularly:
- Philosophical approaches in the study of visuality in education and society
- Other forms of visual pedagogy such as documentary, film and social media
- Cultural analytics, cultural studies and ethnography
What is a video article?
Learn more about video articles and how the video component could serve a number of purposes within the article as a whole.
Video Journal of Education and Pedagogy is affiliated with the Association for Visual Pedagogies
2016 Journal Metrics
28 days from submission to first decision
36 days from acceptance to publication
446.0 Usage Factor
This journal is indexed by
- DOAJ - Directory of Open Access Journals
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- Summon by ProQuest
- ISSN: 2364-4583